Thursday, February 25, 2010

They Grow Up So Fast

Sigh.

Norah has been doing something pretty funny for about a week now. Because she still hasn't figured out crawling and is likely a ways from being able to sit herself up, when she's lying on the floor, she'll squirm around until she's resting on one arm to allow her to look up at things. When she does, she inevitably crosses her legs and rests her upper arm on her hip--effectively creating a "sexy" pose.

"Where is that cabana boy? It's so hard to find good help these days. Someone come change the channel on this radio!"

I like this one because of the stern, perplexed look she's giving me--a look that I'm SURE I will see a lot of over the years. Especially the perplexed part. I get that a lot from people.

To go along with this picture I had originally intended to write up a brief discussion of all of the various and sundry problems there are in the world today with kids and sex and with them being throw into situations that are mature beyond their years.

But just pondering on the notion of the future pitfalls of adolescence and early adulthood gave me a little sick feeling in my stomach and I had to take a pass.

JUST SO WE'RE CLEAR, WORLD: THIS GIRL IS OFF LIMITS UNTIL SHE'S OUT OF COLLEGE! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! KEEP YOUR DISTANCE!

I doubt the world was listening, it never does, but I feel a little better for the attempt.

Still, pretty funny pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment