Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm Gabe, I'm Spiderman (and Blankie Is a Rocketship).

You know, someone needs to invent a camera--or a series of cameras--with face recognition software built into them. Parents can buy and install these cameras to put up around their house and the cameras will be programed to follow their kids around. This way, whenever something funny happens, the parents will be able to record it for posterity (who posterity is, I'm not sure--so far, we haven't done much going back and watching the hours of video we've recorded so far, but I suppose it's comforting to know they're there should we ever decide to). I know that if I had a dollar for every time Gabe did something funny, then I ran to get the camera, tried to get him to repeat it, but failed, I'd probably have enough money by now to buy one of these fancy theoretical closed circuit recording services.

And today it happened again. A few months back (maybe his birthday last year, I really don't know because it's an article of clothing I'll be talking about, and I couldn't even tell you when I got MY clothes much less when the kids got theirs), Gabe received a little long-sleeved hoodie. It's read and blue with a Spiderman design on the front. Best of all, though, the hood has a little mask built into it so, when the kid pulls the hood over his head, the mask covers his eyes, sort of like a Spiderman mask.

Right now, it's probably Gabe's favorite piece of clothing. This morning, after I put it on him, I pulled the hood up so he could play with the mask, and he started pulling it down over his face then back over the top of his head and repeating "I'm Gabe. I'm Spiderman," over and over again--much to the enjoyment of Button. As soon as he started--well, after I'd laughed at him a little bit--I ran to find the camera and tried to convince him to do it some more. With limited success. Here's what I got.


2 comments: