Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kids Stand Up for Jell-O

Just a quick interruption. Last week, Gabe decided that he loved Jell-O, so he pestered me until I ran to the store and bought a pre-made tub of "parfait"--chunks of Jell-O mixed up with a Jell-O/whipped cream mix--for him to eat. Then, after one serving, he decided he wasn't all that interested in it anymore. So, being the loyal garbage disposal that I am, I've been working on it periodically.

Just a little bit ago, I pulled out the tub and a spoon and sat down to watch Monday's episode of Chuck (Gabe's still sleeping and Norah is too young to complain that my shows are boring, so it's tough being a baby). Seeing that I had food, Butts crawled her way over to my chair and started doing her little bobbing-up-and-down-while-kneeling-in-front-of-my-chair begging that she usually does when she sees I have food. I gave her a taste of the Jell-O, and apparently she liked it. Since I was still watching Chuck, I wasn't really paying much attention to her. Instinctively, I scooped her out a tiny portion of Jell-O to share and moved it to her mouth . . . which seemed higher than it had been a few moments earlier.

Lo and behold, she wasn't kneeling anymore, she was standing!

So, mark it on your calendars. Not only did Norah reach the milestone of being able to pull herself up to a standing position today, but, for the first time ever, I actually managed to log the day for all posterity! Hurray for both of us!

Sorry, no pictures. She promptly fell down as soon as she had a mouthful of Jell-O to appease her and then hasn't gotten back up again since (probably because I put the food away).

No comments:

Post a Comment