Monday, November 30, 2009

Syrup

Just another little quickie because this made me laugh.

Gabe walked up to me in my chair. He spit on his hand and looked at it. "Syrup," he said.

"No," I replied. "That's not syrup. That's spit."

So he licked his hand and held it up to me. "Syrup. Mmmm!" he insisted.

"That's spit, and it's gross, hun," I said. "Nobody wants your spit."

So he licked his hand again. "Syrup, Daddy. Mmmm!" And he held the hand up. "Daddy, syrup!" he said, offering me a taste. "Daddy, you, syrup. Mmmm!" He was very insistent.

What could I do? I took his hand and examined it. "How about some french toast?" I said as I wiped the hand down the front of his shirt.

"French toast. Mmmm!" he said. And that was the end of that. Thankfully.

2 comments:

  1. Overheard, one night when a young Libby was babysitting...

    Child: I'm hungry...
    Babysitter: Lick your lips and swallow your spit.

    Needless to say, I'm glad that the next generation has given it some style. Syrup! Masterful indeed!

    ReplyDelete