Friday, November 27, 2009

The Holiday Week

Not really much of an update to make here. It's been a bit of a rough week. Libby's been off work, which has been great, but pretty much everyone in the house is sick. Button and Gabe are running at the nose, and Libby and I have been fighting congestion, headaches, and other nonsense.

Button has been absolutely miserable all week. She must have a sore throat because she half-chokes every time she starts to drink something then often refuses to eat any more. This is odd considering the girl's fondness for the food up to this point. She's not getting regular sleep because her stuffed nose wakes her up and she really won't go down for naps during the day.

Gabe's dealing with it a little better. He's content to sneeze occasionally and launch a snot rocket or two from his nose. Then he laughs. We ask him to wipe his nose on a kleenex, so he grabs one, and smears the glop all over his mouth and cheeks. Good times, good times.

Thanksgiving was yesterday, and we had a good afternoon with my family. I probably have some pictures I could post, but the camera is MIA for the time being. Maybe later.

Neither Libby nor I will be doing any shopping today because it is my long-held belief that anyone who leaves the house on Black Friday who isn't working is only adding to the problem. The economy can stick it up its butt for all I care. I might, however, do a little online shopping--once again sticking it to the economy by not doing it on Cyber Monday when I'm supposed to, so the economy's butt is going to be chock-o-block full when I'm done with it.

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment