Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mud Baths and Frogs

Just a couple videos to share today.

Yesterday we broke the previous heat record for our state for the 9th of May by 16 degrees, topping out over 100. And it wasn't much better on Sunday. Since it was so warm, Libby got the sprinkler out and let the kids go at it for awhile. Just as he did the last time we let them play in the sprinkler, Gabe spent only as much time playing in the water as it took for a spot of ground to get muddy enough to start tearing things up. This time, instead of just stomping around, though, he decided to make his ancient ancestors proud and he made use of a simple tool.

OK, so I lied. There are a few pictures to go along with the videos, too.




I really am glad that Libby lets the kids do this kind of thing. I always put on a cranky face when it happens because I, personally, am not a fan of messes or of gaping holes in our yard, but I still appreciate the kids getting to have this kind of fun while they are young.

Then, this morning, Norah did something that caught me as amusing. I'm not sure what brought it on, but seemingly out of the blue she said, "Frog. Jump!" and then she made a ribbit noise. It was really loud and sounded something like "BRAP!" It was awfully hilarious, so I tried to talk her into doing it for the camera.



Obviously, she's picked up Gabe's bad habit of always having to see herself on the camera afterwards. I'm afraid that I'm raising a pair of narcissists. But at least a decent narcissist would put on a performance in front of the camera before insisting on seeing it instead of just assuming that, as soon as the camera is turned on, something worth seeing will materialize on it to look at. So we're going to have to work on that part if nothing else. All in all, the video wasn't successful, but I like to share my failures as well (since, if I didn't, this blog would only get updated once every few weeks at best).

No comments:

Post a Comment