Thursday, May 5, 2011

ANorahble

This time of year is stupid. Approximately 80% of everything "busy" that happens during the year happens either in April-May or December. I don't get it. Why can't people schedule things year round so people can actually appreciate what's happening? Infuriating.

Because it's been so busy and there's been such an overall feeling of exhaustion and of being overwhelmed, I've not had much gumption to post on here. Which is fine because, despite the fact that there always seems to be something going on, I really don't have that much material to work with anyway. Gabe has/had two field trips for school this week, so I'll get the few pictures I managed to get from those posted later (Norah came along, too, so chaperoning two small children during these events limited my ability to snap pictures). Otherwise, all I've got to offer are some random pictures of Norah that we've managed to get the past week and a half or so.

Norah with part of a peep. Every time Gabe asks for one (which is over now as the last of our stash disappeared this morning), Norah has to remind herself that she hates them. She puts it in her mouth for a second then spits the slobbering, mushy mess somewhere that I won't see until it's had the chance to set back up properly and become a permanent part of the environment.

I should point out this was pre-bath. We don't generally let our kids walk around with clothes on. I find it distasteful. I don't think I'm prudish about nudity, particularly, but there is a fine line between "naturist" and "hillbilly," and I would rather let my children distinguish that line on their own time when they are old enough to be embarrassed by their bodies.

These pictures are what is known in the business as "filler." In effect, I am announcing "I don't have a damn thing to post about, so here are a few pictures of my child making the same adorable faces that you've seen on this blog before."

It's the blog equivalent of a "best of" episode of a sitcom, where the characters all reminisce, in flashback form, to all the silly or amazing things they've done over the past season. These episodes invariably make me angry. Not only are they an insult to my intelligence (as I can clearly remember those things happening myself, since it's only been a month or two since I saw it the first time, and I'm not a goldfish), but they are an insult to my production ideals. Being little more than a rerunning of previous clips, they cost next to nothing to make yet they create nearly-normal ad revenue. This might seem like a practical means to turning an extra buck, but I find it loathsomely lazy.

So, here you go. Loathsomely lazy. Sort of. At least I took fresh pictures instead of just using stuff from previous posts. See, TV producing world, I'm better than you, even when I'm lazy! Hacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment