Monday, February 7, 2011

Norah Begins to Pull Her Weight

The title of this post could, almost, be taken literally. She can very nearly pull her own weight to the places that she wants to go. Actually, I've noticed that she seems a bit behind "getting around" as compared to Gabe at that age--and I've been attributing it to the fact that she has about five or six pounds on where Gabe was at the same time. It's only been in the last week or two that she's begun to pull herself up onto the dining room chairs and the chairs/couch in the living room (more on this in a bit). Gabe was doing this by eighteen months, maybe even earlier than that.

But that's not really what I want to talk about.

No, what I want to discuss is the fact that now, FINALLY, Norah is starting to provide me with a pretty steady supply of blog fodder. If you look back through the archive, it won't take you long to notice that, until recently, Norah has received very few posts that were actually entertaining. I mean, sure, there is a minimum amount of entertainment value to be gained from looking at pictures of a cute child, and I've always maintained a brave face--in the form of abject snarkiness--about her development and suchlike. But there haven't been as many pictures or videos of her doing something that was, in and of itself, pretty funny.

I'm sure this comes as a relief to Gabe, too, as he will now have a lessened burden to shoulder. I mean, that IS a lot of pressure to put on a three year old. He's been carrying this blog for two years now. I'm not sure how he keeps coming up with new material all the time--for almost 300 posts now.

Good grief. 300 posts. Well, at least neither of them will be able to claim that their early years weren't well-documented. They probably won't LIKE how it was documented, but that's neither here nor there. The basic information is all there, even if I am mostly a dick about all of it. I'm going to write that off as an opportunity for them to get to know me better as a person, too. Yeah. That sounds well justified.

Anyway. Norah.

I've got a picture and a video that we've taken over the past few days of her doing rather amusing things that I thought I'd share.

As I said before, she's starting to master climbing into the chairs. The recliner is the easy one because she can climb up the arm using the recliner handle on the side. Here, however, she's lost interest in finishing up the procedure. Instead, after she cleared the armrest, she just rolled over and started watching TV again. She stayed like this for five or ten minutes, and has done it several times, suggesting either that this is a comfortable way for her to watch TV, or she's too lazy too bother with using the energy it would take to get all the way into the chair. At this point, I'd say either is as likely as the other.



This was something she did last night and it kept her busy for about ten minutes. The video should be pretty self-explanatory.

1 comment:

  1. It's just as good to put the legos in your toes as to step on them accidentally!
    She sure knows how to say cheeeese!
    Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete