Friday, February 11, 2011

Lovers

Thanks to the weather, we've had three snow days. I'll try to get some of the pictures and video of the snow adventure up later (or next week, or sometime).

Before that, though, I wanted to share something that we got from one of Gabe's preschool teachers. His school and his teachers are awesome. We feel really lucky to have gotten Gabe in there this year. A week or so ago, they sent home a list of the students' names for the sake of Valentine's Day cards (I guess, I don't know why else we would need to know their names). But before I even knew the list was in there, the kids had gotten a hold of it and marked it up enough that we couldn't make out several of the names. Libby emailed Ms. Kristen to ask for another list, which was sent home in Gabe's backpack yesterday. Last night, she replied to Libby's email to let her know the list was in there, but she added an extra story that I thought was worth sharing. Here's the copy of the email:

sent one home in gabe's backpack.

i can email too if norah gets to it.

: )

p.s. BEST story of the day:

g: i have two lovers

me/rob: (thinking and smiling)...really? who are they?

g: my mother and my father

me: oh, you said MOTHERS (totally made sense to me then)

g: no, i don't have 2 lovers, i have three lovers!

me: (smile and wide eyes realizing he did say lovers)...oh, yeah?

g: mommy, daddy and norah are my lovers.

gabe went over to the project table full of girls and said:

hi, my name is gabe and i have three lovers.

they responded with raised eyebrows and BIG smiles.

i've never had a better image of lovers than now.

he's so great.


I have no idea where he's getting the notion of "lovers" from. Another one of those things kids pick up from who knows where. I'm pretty sure that's not a topic that's discussed in Bubble Guppies. I just liked his introduction to the table of girls. It will be interesting to see how this kid gets on with the ladies in later years.

No comments:

Post a Comment