Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Book

So, I finished the first draft of the stay-at-home dad/compilation of the posts on this site book yesterday. I know I mentioned this a few months back and I had a few volunteers for proofreading/editing, but it took me a couple months longer than I thought it would to get it finished up and thought I would just ask again fresh, in case people got busy or were just otherwise not interested.

The copy should be relatively clean, but I would still appreciate if people could keep an eye out for typos/grammar errors/awkward spots that I missed on my own rewrites. Mostly, though, I'd like people to read it to see if it works the way I have it roughly laid out right now (Libby has some ideas on that, but hasn't had any time to look it over yet) and to let me know if there are sections that just don't work. I have some suspicions about a couple. Obviously, I'd like to keep it as long as possible (it's about 74,000 words now), but I want to keep it moving quickly and really only want the most entertaining stuff. I'm not sure how long it SHOULD be, but I'm thinking anything less than 50K words would be bad (60K would be ideal).

Anyway, let me know if you're interested and, if I have your email address, I can send out the word document. Thanks! You're all peaches. Unless you don't want to read it for me. In which case, if you don't have a good excuse, you're a dick.

2 comments:

  1. Put me down as a reader!
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I already offered. I think I'm still open, but not sure what kind of time I have. Does me offering suggestions involve any offers from you, like, for example, more Riesling, kiddos time, red wine, chocolate, a hot tub time machine, or something of the sort? Or just food in general. Just kidding? I'd probably do it for free, but don't have a lot of extra desk time right now. Hmm, maybe we could trade: you could read excessively bad junior research papers and I could read your book?

    ReplyDelete