Thursday, December 2, 2010

Rockin' the Belly Shirt

It's been awhile since I've taken any embarrassing pictures of Norah. Oh, wait, she's been about the only one I've taken embarrassing pictures of for the past week. Oh well. I have another.


On the one hand, I'm a little disappointed at her lack of shame. But, on the other, I suppose I should be proud that she's happy with who she is and isn't afraid to let the world know.

This, by the way, is a 3T shirt she's wearing. It's not that the shirt is too small, really. It goes down well below her waist when pulled down. The problem is that girls' clothing is all too tight. She doesn't have this problem when she's sporting one of Gabe's 3T hand-me-downs, it's just with the stuff that we buy for her. What does this say about society? Are we training our girls by the age of two or three to expect to wear form fitting clothes instead of loose, comfortable clothing that doesn't ride up over your formidable gut when you move around? I'm not sure it's right or proper.

But it is pretty amusing to take pictures of.

At least she had her finger MOSTLY out of her belly button. It's one of her favorite places to explore right now. That and her nose.

Oh, and please note that I didn't make this a post about wet t-shirt contests, which I could very easily have done considering how drenched she's made herself in the HOUR that she's had that shirt on. I feel as thought I took the high road on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment