Friday, August 7, 2009

A Little Depressing

Last night, Libby posted a few new videos she took of Gabe over the last few months onto our youtube account. While she was there, she started browsing through the older videos of Gabe. "Wow," is all I can say.

And I say it for a few reasons. First, it's pretty spectacular how fast kids grow up in those first few years. We were watching videos of him from just last Christmas and were a little amazed at how much he's changed physically in just seven months. He's getting taller and he's losing his cute round head and baby fat. But, since we see him every day, I guess we just don't really notice the subtle changes.

The second reason runs along the same line but opposite. As I am completely impressed by how much he's changed physically, I am more than a little unimpressed with how little he's changed in the doing-what-you're-told category. We were watching movies from October of 2008, and in that video we were saying exactly the same things we say to him a dozen or more times a day now. A year of repeating myself ad nauseum. It's no wonder my brain is deteriorating at a rapid rate.

And, just to save people from having to go to youtube to see a video, I'll post one of the new ones here.

This was taken at the county fair the last weekend of July. We walked around the animal barn so Gabe and Finn could get a look at the animals. Notice that Gabe's attention is almost solely focused on the animal's butts. I'm not sure what it means, but I'm guessing we'll have to keep a close eye on the boy when he gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment