Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gabe Does the Most Disgustingly Hilarious Thing Ever Caught on Video (by us)

This morning I spent a little time moving our pictures and videos from the camera over to the hard drive and noticed that I've been a little remiss the past couple weeks on posting some of the stuff that's on there. I will try to catch that up here before too long (I've actually been pretty remiss about posting on here in general the past month or so).

But this video we got yesterday was just too good not to get a post of its own.

Here's a little back story, just to fill space and build dramatic tension so you're all primed and especially appreciative of how awesome this video is.

Last night, Libby decided to build her straw bale garden. It's actually a pretty fascinating concept that utilizes all kinds of sciencey things like "wheat straw" and "seeds" and "dirt" and "water" and "other things I don't really care about." The long and short of it is that you plant your seeds in the top of the straw bales, which have been treated with some ammonia, which something somethings the straw and makes it blah blah and the seeds grow up a foot or so off the ground so the goddamn rabbits don't eat everything. Neat! And with Gabe and Norah's help last night, she got the prep work started.

After the bales were moved, the kids decided that they wanted to ride in the gardening cart/kind of useless wheel barrel jobby that we have. They were being kind of cute in it so I ran in and got the camera. I clicked off a few quick pictures . . . .

Ah, adorable, if a little off-centered.

Even more adorable and slightly-more-centered!

Then, after the pictures, I decided to start a little video because Norah was being kind of obnoxious to Gabe, sitting up then dropping back on him (like she is in that last picture) and standing up then dropping down on his lap.

And the video started off innocent enough, but watch closely around the time Libby spins the cart around. Specifically, watch Gabe. It's kind of tough to see what he does initially, but here's a hint: he has some allergies or a cold going on right now. What follows after that is pretty easy to figure out, though. Enjoy.




Good stuff, eh? Hopefully you can see what's going on well enough on the kind of dumbed down version that Blogger posts on here. If not, let me know in the comments and I'll put it on youtube. I'm really tempted to submit it to an America's Funniest Home Videos or something, but I'm not sure if what he's doing is THAT obvious since you can't really hear the sneeze. Plus my laughing throughout is pretty stupid. I've gotta get a handle on ruining my own videos with my noise in the background.

1 comment:

  1. well, it was pretty gross. I don't think that I knew that he sneezed and was licking his snot, but I figured it was that, or he had a really runny nose. I could tell he was licking snot off of his hand. That was pretty hard to miss.

    ReplyDelete