Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Not Entirely Appropriate Minor Update

So, Gabe had a busy last weekend. Friday night, we went out to Nana and Poppa's, where he spent the night. Libby met my folks in Hutch to pick him up and they did some shopping and ate out and such. Sunday, Libby and Gabe went out to Fall River to visit some friend who were camping out there for the weekend. Gabe got to ride in a motor boat and did all sorts of new things (which Libby forgot the camera to get pictures of, but our friends got some, so I'll post some stories about it if we get the pictures) then got to stay up until almost 10:00. He also saw some fireworks. Then, yesterday, Kris brought Finn over and Jon and Casey brought Tanner and Sydney and we had a hectic afternoon and evening of screaming excitement and cookout food.

In my own round-about way, I'm getting to the point that business seems to have a bit of a gastrointestinal effect on Gabe. Usually, he's pretty much like clockwork--every morning between 7:00 and 8:00 he's a goer. But doing things tends to throw him off. And this weekend, he's been pretty off, taking random, ineffective dumps pretty much anytime during the day.

So, this morning, Gabe did some catching up, with a major butt explosion.

Now, this in and of itself would be blog worthy (god knows I've done it before, more than once), but what I ACTUALLY wanted to mention was the fun little game he invented while I was elbow deep in an offal mess. While I had his legs up in the air, trying to wipe away all the offending substance (it was a SEVEN wet wipe affair, nothing to be scoffed at when two is usually the maximum it takes for his most days), he started spreading and then closing his legs.

"Open. Close. Open. Close."

I laughed, but I'm not sure if I did it because it was funny or because I felt a little uncomfortable--although I know it WAS funny.

Obviously I didn't get any video--because I didn't have the camera ready and he only did it for about thirty seconds, but also because I think posting a video like that would likely get me arrested or something. But go ahead and picture it mentally. And be sure to add the big smear of pooh.

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaaaand the blog has officially ventured into territory that will humiliate the children once they're old enough to find this by googling their names. Way to go, Pat, we knew you'd get there eventually!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? You think this is the first time I've written something they'll be embarrassed about? Personally, I think this is just ANOTHER most embarrassing moment for the boy--probably the next in a very long line.

    ReplyDelete