Friday, April 17, 2009

Gabe Does Something Funny

Well, he does funny things all the time, really, but this one I was at least able to get a few pictures of (and, sorry, but I don't think I'll get another story posted this week--we've been just busy enough this week that I've not been able to sit down at the computer to type something up, but there should be something new Monday or so, or I MIGHT get something up later today since it's supposed to rain and we'll be stuck inside, but no guarantees).

As we were watching "Yo Gabba Gabba" yesterday afternoon, Gabe decided that all of his little plastic animals (and Elmo) should be able to watch TV with him. So, for about ten minutes, he meticulously stood each of them up in front of the TV--he even faced them towards the television, which is an impressive leap in facial awareness that he's not really shown before. It might have also been a coincidence, like a coin landing on heads a dozen times in a row. It's conceivably possible that something like that could happen, just very unlikely--or else it means that, really, Gabe and I are dead and having a Rosencrantz and Guildenstern moment, perhaps.

Anyway, I managed to snap a few pictures of him.
Notice the pig on the far left. It's facing the wrong way. It WAS facing the right way, but Gabe decided to turn him for some reason. He wasn't punishing him because he was a pig--which would seem reasonable to me because I know how much pigs stink--because there's another pig in there facing the right direction.
And then here is the finished project. (Oh, I just noticed that Elmo isn't in the picture now. After putting Elmo up there the first time, he picked him out of the group then threw him over his shoulder for reasons only clear to him, then he didn't put him back up again. This must have been taken after that happened.)

Immediately after this--like within ten seconds--he knocked all of the animals down, like an angry and vengeful god depriving his chosen of the educational benefits of Gabba. Was the song they were singing too blasphemous? Did the campy 80s style cartoon that accompanied it offensive to his eyes? As with all fickle gods, it's impossible to say. I tried to get a picture of the aftermath, too, but in the time it took me to lift the camera up, he swiped his mighty arm across the TV cabinet and smote his followers from their resting place and onto the floor. Apparently it wasn't enough that they not be allowed to watch the show any longer, he had to teach them a valuable lesson in gravity as well.

But, then, in a spirit of forgiveness, he started all over again, putting each of them up to watch the show. I tried to get video, figuring I might create some story about it, which I've sort of gone ahead and done anyway, but after a minute and a half of video, he'd only managed to put three animals back up and I didn't figure anyone wanted to watch fifteen minutes of him standing animals just for the POSSIBLE payoff of him knocking them all over again fifteen minutes later (which he didn't do this time because he lost interest after standing only about six of them up). Oh well.

3 comments: