Sunday, April 1, 2012

Norah's Shoe Show

Last night, Norah decided to do two things: strip herself down to her diaper and try on a bunch of pairs of shoes. The stripping down part is something fairly new, and it's a bit annoying. While I appreciate the fact that she is about as good at getting herself undressed as Gabe is now--Gabe still can't reliably get his shirt off--it's not great fun having to redress her a couple times every day just because.

I managed to get some pictures of the show, though not as many as I'd hoped. She was changing in and out of the shoes so fast at the beginning that I couldn't get the camera around in time. Still.







Two other things worth noting here. None of these are her shoes. She wasn't the least bit interested in wearing her own shoes. She started with Gabe's mud boots, which would have made the best pictures, but refused to put them back on after I got the camera because she'd already worn them. Second, all of these poses were her own doing. I asked her to smile for the camera, and she decided to try out a few poses along the way. Of course, she had to look at each picture to see if the pose worked right after I took the picture. She decided the crossed arm thing was her best look and worked with that from then on. I'm pretty sure I'm creating some kinds of monsters with all these pictures, but at least my kids know how to smile for the camera, right?

1 comment: