Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Lord of the Dance

I'm afraid we're still in recovery mode from the long weekend--which means not much of a post today and this is also the reason there weren't any posts for much of the last week (we spent most of the end of last week getting the house cleaned and ready).

The extra day off for Libby was fantastic, of course, but it always leads to about three days of readjustment for Gabe. Since he barely tolerates having to spend all of his days with me, he LOVES it when Libby is home. He ends up doing almost exactly the same things he does with me (except she spends more time outside and doesn't go upstairs), but for some reason it's much more fun doing it with Momma than it is with me. C'est la vie. Now we'll spend at least the next two days readjusting, which means he'll be used to me about the time the weekend starts and it all begins again.

Another factor in our recovering from this weekend was our annual wine party. It seems worth noting at this point that getting older is stupid. Our parties start later and later (we USED to get started "preparing" for our parties with shots and mixed drinks in the middle of the afternoon, now we're lucky if we can even get most of the people here by 8:00) and they end earlier and earlier (once upon a time, if a party ended before 3:00 in the morning, we considered it a failure, now, if they last until midnight, we consider them a success). Usually, we get my folks to watch Gabe when we have a party, so we can have the following morning to sleep things off, but my folks are in California right now. This meant that we had the privilege of waking up around 6:00 Sunday morning, after about five hours of inebriated sleep, to entertain our boy. Obviously, this helped to delay our recovery time.

So, it was a busy weekend--but it was a busy and largely uneventful weekend as far as posting material goes. There is one picture from the party that I will post, just because I'm in it and I look awesome.

Oh, wait. Awesome isn't the word I'm looking for. Terrible is what I meant. This was about three hours into the party, and Libby took the picture while I was, apparently, whistling for a taxi. Also note the sexy, sexy chest hair. For some reason, we decided that our traditional "fancy party" garb (old suit coats a few of us wear that we don't mind getting puke on, because at least one person always ends up puking at our wine parties, and you just never know who it's going to be) should be worn without shirts this year--I blame the nearly hot weather. Whatever the reason, I think the look will catch on very soon. Keep watching those Old Navy commercials with the mannequins. As soon as they start wearing coats with no shirts, you'll know that I've influenced a fashion trend.

Now for the Gabe video. It's pretty self-explanatory. The only thing I feel I should say is that I don't recommend trying this at home. It was, of course, a terribly irresponsible thing for me to encourage considering he's standing up on a chair at the dining room table. However, without that bit of setting, the video would have lost something. So, you know, whatever. And no children were harmed in the filming of this video, so I'll chalk it up as a Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment