Thursday, October 18, 2012

Power and Karate

The other day, the kids and I were driving into town and, as usual, they started to bicker back and forth. What, exactly, the cause of the bickering was, I have no idea. They are pretty much constantly at each other for one thing or another and I do my best to ignore them until their whining gets to an unavoidable volume. Usually. This time, I happened to be paying a bit more attention to what they were saying as they argued and I couldn't be happier that I did.

In counterpoint to whatever Norah had alleged, Gabe replied, "I'll get five days of timeout if I use my full power."

Which is a pretty awesome concept. However, Norah topped it with her comeback.

"Well, I have all the karate," she claimed.

Love it. ALL the karate. Gabe wouldn't hear of this, of course, since he had taken karate lessons himself and, thus, must have SOME of the karate about him somewhere, but I was too busy laughing to hear anymore of the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment