Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chinese Feet and Pooping Out Wubbies

Again, unrelated topics, but I enjoy the image juxtaposing these random things creates.

A month or so back, Gabe demanded that he be able to wear footie PJs like Norah had. So Libby went out and bought him a couple pairs. Size 5s. And they mostly fit, at least as far as the length is concerned. But one of the pairs had a glaring deficiency--the feet were too small (and here is where the first part of my title becomes relevant as I am making an implied--well, now expressed--commentary on the manufacturing of these PJs in China and the fact that the children who doubtless tried these clothes on to size them had much smaller feet than Gabe. Yes, I know, anything that requires this much explaining isn't worth the trouble, but now it's been done and it would be even MORE trouble to go back and erase it all. Such is life).

Every time Gabe wore them, he'd wake up in the middle of the night complaining about how bad his feet hurt. So Libby would just strip him naked and put him back to bed. But now that it's gotten pretty chilly at night, that's just not an option. So she decided to "adjust" the feet so they would fit on Gabe.

Gabe is on the left. Norah refused to have a picture taken that she wasn't a part of. Libby only snipped the foot open, she didn't cut off any cloth. So, basically, the feet on this pair of PJs was that small on him. Gabe does have big feet, but come on. It's like they fitted these for Pan or some other hooved man-beast-child.

These were the first pictures that I got. My instructions were, "Gabe, come here so I can take a picture of your feet." They both ran into the room and started posing. So I'm sharing.




And here is a video of Norah pooping out her Lulu. I don't think it needs much more buildup than that.

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing you explained the Chinese feet thing. I was headed toward a foot binding reference myself. Megahn

    ReplyDelete