Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Programs Pt. 1

It would appear that this year is our first full-fledged foray into the wonderful world of children's Christmas programs. For two years we've had a slow introduction with Gabe in preschool, but this year we took things to a new level. Norah had a preschool program, a dance recital, and a gymnastics program (yeah, what the hell? THREE programs for a three year old? We have nobody to blame but ourselves). Each of Norah's programs were pretty short, though--understandably, since getting a three year old to even stand still, much less actively participate in a program, is pretty difficult). Gabe had a full-on Christmas program, though. With eight songs and little speaking skits in between.

We, of course, took about 2 gigs of video. I won't share all of it here, but since I can't remember what's on each of the little ones I took (remembering that I still have to keep them under 2 minutes if I want them to have much of a chance of loading on here), so you'll just have to hope that you get lucky and get the good ones!

But first, here's a video of the kids decorating their Christmas houses. We got them each rice krispie treat houses to decorate, because rice krispie treats are delicious and gingerbread is terrible. And I had every intention of eating these houses if the kids didn't get to them (they didn't, I did). This was a "shirts optional" event, obviously, as all good house decorating events are.

Sadly, nothing super entertaining happened during this preschool program. Just sort of general pre-k mayhem and chaos.

And now Blogger is freaking out, so I'll just keep trying to post more later.

1 comment:

  1. Pre K teachers are all saints. Miss Kristin has patience by the bucketfull! I might add that Patrick and Libby do too. I only decorated cookies one time with the boys and never did it again.

    ReplyDelete