Friday, November 2, 2012

Norah's New Thinking Noise

A couple weeks back, we were driving somewhere or other and I looked over my shoulder and saw Norah sitting in her car seat, and I was struck with a memory. Of her strapped into her conversion seat, looking out the window or whatever, and going "Nnnggguuuuuuuhhhhh, nnnggguuuuuuuuhhh," over and over again. Or sitting on the floor in the living room with a washable marker, drawing an infinite number of little circles that really looked more like Jesus fishes, going "Nnnggguuuuuuuuuuuhhh, nnnggguuuuuuuuuuhhh" over and over. Her thinking noise. Here's a video in case you've forgotten what it sounded like:

She just sort of stopped doing that noise somewhere along the way, and we didn't really notice its absence. Which is odd, considering it was the background noise of my life for so many months. But there you have it.

But recently she's been doing something a little different. While she's working on things, she will talk and sing constantly, seemingly without breathing. I'm guessing this is a girl thing. I've gotten pretty good at selectively blocking most of it out, which irritates her when, in the middle of an hour long monologue, she asks me a question and I somehow miss it. Gabe hasn't quite gotten used to blocking it out, yet, as you'll see in the video.

Goddamn blogger.com. It doesn't like the video. It also doesn't like the other one of Norah looking at a toy catalog that is pretty funny (family probably already saw both of these anyway, I think Libby emailed them out). But here's the youtube links, just in case:

Thinking Noise
Spiderman!

No comments:

Post a Comment